Feng Shui understands living room as a place of opportunity. When an old friend or neighbor unexpectedly knocks your door, then living room is one of the first rooms which they will see. It is a room of opportunity and potential, which connects several aspects of life, including career and relationships. In a well-designed living room, guest will have feeling of certitude that concerns you and his stay in your home will be pleasant.
There is several basic things that you can do to make harmonic Feng Shui living room:
- First important thing is a possition of chairs and sofas. In ideal case, they should be facing doors or at least they should not have it´s back to doors. People sitting in Feng Shui living room should always be able to see the door without turning around. Seats should be distributed into circle or octagon.
- In Feng Shui living room should be enough light. dark corners and nooks should be lit by the combination of shiny colors, plants, mirrors or lights. That will attract the energy of Chi, which would in normal case not flowed threw these places. It is important that Chi can flow threw whole space of living room, between furniture and also in corners.
- Television or any other metal object, whose electromagnetic field disturbs flowing of Chi, should not be in center of Feng Shui living room. Ideal center of room is fireplace, which should be the subject of furniture deployment. It is also important for living room to provide appropriate atmosphere for conversation also people inside should feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Another important components of Feng Shui living room are mirrors, strategically placed mirror has many advantages – brings more light to darker places and reflects symbolic element in itself. It can also optically enlarge the room or it can be placed so that you can see the door from a certain place of your choice. If the living room has an inappropriate shape, place mirrors in such way that you will direct flow of Chi to whole room.
- Table in living room symbolizes health, so it should be clean and neat. If you put live flowers or plants on it, you can also help health of round seated persons.
- Flow of Chi in your Feng Shui living room, can be improved by piece of art, picture or houseplant with rounded leaves.
- Living room should, according to Feng Shui, not be overcrowded by various things. Do not try to squeeze too many furniture at all costs.
- In Feng Shui living room you should try to achieve the balance between male energy – Yin and female energy Yang. You can achieve that by placing female elements like cushions on the ground, pillows on the sofa or fresh plants to the middle of table. Remember that Feng Shui does not recomend and apprecate dried flowers in the case of decoration of living room, it should support the feeling of tranquility and relaxation. Setout of furniture in living room should be, if possible, more intimate and in the best way circle like. Furniture should not be pinned to walls, sections for sitting arranged in a way that visitors would sit facing the doors.
- Entrance to your living room should be net, enough enlightened and without needless things that would hindered the flow of Cchi. Never place mirror in front of door, to living room, so Cchi would be repulsed back. Do not hang sad pictures or photogrphies so they would be the first thing seen upon entering the living room. Instead use pictures which contain happy moments of your life of beloved person. Your mood will get much better everytime upon entering it.